Location: Engine Compartment
Product Name: Toyota 90919-01289 Genuine Iridium Spark Plug
Pcs In Set: 4 pieces | 1 Set
Genuine product number: 90919-01289
Manufacturer Part No: FC16HR-Q8
Earthed Electrode: 1
Spanner Size: 16
Tightening Torque (Nm): 17
Size: 12.0mm x 26.5mm x Hex 14.0mm
Cross Reference: Denso VFCH16; VCH16; SC16HR11; NGK ILKAR7B11; DF7H-11B; LKAR7ARX-11P
Batteries: Lithium Metal batteries required.
Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle
Shipping Information: Self-catering-Dhaka
Genuine Toyota Spark Plugs
When it comes to your Toyota engine, spark plugs make a big difference. A dirty, worn-out, or inferior spark plug can cause inconsistent firing, which may result in reduced performance and fuel economy. Toyota offers a variety of spark plugs designed specifically for your vehicle’s engine, including U-Groove, Dual-Ground Electrode, Double Platinum, and even Iridium spark plugs.
Below are descriptions and benefits of these spark plugs. Please be sure to use the correct spark plug for your Toyota engine; the wrong spark plug can negatively affect fuel economy and overall performance.
U-Groove Spark Plugs
As its name implies, the U-Groove design incorporates a U-shaped groove in the middle of the ground electrode. Before the spark plug fires, the U-Groove traps the fuel-air mixture, then produces a large spark for efficient combustion and reduced fouling. U-Groove spark plugs meet original equipment replacement intervals and original specifications on your Toyota.
Dual-Ground Electrode Spark Plugs
Select Toyota models feature the distributor-less Toyota Direct Ignition System (TDI). Introduced in 1994, this system promotes greater combustion efficiency by firing the spark plugs twice as often as a standard ignition. With that in mind, the ideal spark plug for TDI-equipped Toyotas is the Dual-Ground Electrode design, which delivers optimum performance and durability while maintaining the originally recommended change interval.
Double Platinum Spark Plugs
Genuine Toyota Double Platinum spark plugs, available for select Toyota models, offer several benefits:
- Platinum on both the center and ground electrodes reduces wear and provides a service life of up to 60,000 miles.
- Raised design provides excellent ignitability for a strong spark, smooth idle, and optimum performance.
- Platinum material also incorporates nickel and iridium, resulting in a stronger, more durable alloy that resists cracking.
Iridium Spark Plugs
Iridium spark plugs, available for select Toyota models, have several benefits:
- Smaller center electrode promotes higher firing performance.
- Iridium is a more durable material than platinum (its melting point is approximately 1200°F higher than platinum).
- Iridium spark plugs last longer than conventional spark plugs—up to 110,000 miles.